Chronology of Doshisha

The Doshisha Home > Chronology of Doshisha > Chronology of the Doshisha

Chronology of the Doshisha

Shoeikan 1955 Apr. The Masterfs program in Engineering established at Doshisha University
1957 Mar. Doshisha University Research Institute renamed as Institute for the Study of Humanities and Social Science
1958 Mar. The Center for American Studies established, funded by the Rockefeller Foundation at Doshisha University
1959 Jan. The land for the Shinmachi campus purchased (about 27,000 square meters)
  Apr. The Science and Engineering Research Institute established at Doshisha University
  1961   The land for a seminar house in Kitakomatsu, Shiga Pref. purchased
1966-68 The land for the Tanabe campus purchased (9,990,000 square meters)
1975 Apr. Celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the founding held
1976 Mar. Doshisha Senior High School of Commerce closed down
1980 Apr. Doshisha International Senior High School established on the Tanabe campus
  1986 Apr. Some courses of Doshisha University and Doshisha Womenfs College started on the Tanabe campus
  May Two-year courses established at Doshisha Womenfs College
1988 Apr. Doshisha International Junior High School established
1991 Apr. The Masterfs program in American Studies established at Doshisha University
1993 Apr. The Doctoral program in American Studies established
The Masterfs program in Letters established at Doshisha University
  1994 Apr. Faculty of Engineering, the Graduate School of Engineering, and the Science and Engineering Research Institute move to the Tanabe campus
1995 Apr. Graduate School of Policy and Management established at Doshisha University
1998 Apr. A semester system introduced in all faculties at Doshisha University
1999 Apr. The Center for Japanese Language established at Doshisha University
Top