ActiBookアプリアイコンActiBookアプリをダウンロード(無償)

  • Available on the Appstore
  • Available on the Google play

概要

新島旧邸

たかまつやすざねこの敷地には、幕末まで京都大工頭中井家の屋敷がありましたが、明治初年、堂上華族高松保実の所有にいじまじょうとなっていました。1875(明治8)年11月29日、新島襄は、この高松邸の半分を賃借して仮校舎とし、生徒8名で同志社英学校を開校しました。すなわち、ここが同志社発祥の地です。翌年、学校は旧薩摩藩邸跡地に建てられた専用校舎に移りますが、その後、新島は高松邸を購入し、自宅を建築しました。これが、今の新島旧邸です。ntil the end of Edo period this site had been occupied by the Nakais, Daikugashira (constructionprefect) of official construction work.Thereafter the place belonged to a court noble called Takamatsu Yasuzane. Neesima rented a half ofTakamatsu’s house, and on November 29, 1875 he opened Doshisha Eigakko (Doshisha Academy) witheight students. Thus,this is the birth-place of the Doshisha. In 1876 the school moved northward to thepresent Imadegawa campus. Later on Neesima bought Takamatsu’s old site, and built this house.Neesima’s residence in the late Meiji period